On 20.01.24 17:03, Tom Lane wrote:
Peter Eisentraut <pe...@eisentraut.org> writes:
I think there was general agreement with what this patch is doing, but I
guess it's too boring to actually review the patch in detail.  Let's
say, if there are no objections, I'll go ahead and commit it.

I re-read the thread and have two thoughts:

* We worried about whether this change would be compatible with a
(presently unreleased) version of docbook that contains the upstreamed
fix.  It seems unlikely that there's a problem, but maybe worth
checking?

The code in the patch is the same code as upstream, so it would behave the same as a new release.

* I gather that the point here is to change some generated anchor
tags.  Would any of these tags be things people would be likely
to have bookmarked?

No, because the problem is that the anchor names are randomly generated in each build.