On 23/01/2024 06:23, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
At Mon, 22 Jan 2024 13:29:10 -0800, Andres Freund <and...@anarazel.de> wrote in
Hi,

On 2024-01-19 12:28:05 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
On Thu, Jan 18, 2024 at 03:42:28PM +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
Given that commit 728f86fec6 that introduced this issue was not strictly
required, perhaps we should just revert it for v16.

Is there a point in keeping 728f86fec6 as well on HEAD?  That does not
strike me as wise to keep that in the tree for now.  If it needs to be
reworked, looking at this problem from scratch would be a safer
approach.

IDK, I think we'll introduce this type of bug over and over if we don't fix it
properly.

Just to clarify my position, I thought that 728f86fec6 was heading the
right direction. Considering the current approach to signal handling
in walreceiver, I believed that it would be better to further
generalize in this direction rather than reverting. That's why I
proposed that patch.

I reverted commit 728f86fec6 from REL_16_STABLE and master.

I agree it was the right direction, so let's develop a complete patch, and re-apply it to master when we have the patch ready.

--
Heikki Linnakangas
Neon (https://neon.tech)