On Mon, Jan 22, 2024, at 6:30 AM, Shlok Kyal wrote:
> We fixed some of the comments posted in the thread. We have created it
> as top-up patch 0002 and 0003.

Cool.

> 0002 patch contains the following changes:
> * Add a timeout option for the recovery option, per [1]. The code was
> basically ported from pg_ctl.c.
> * Reject if the target server is not a standby, per [2]
> * Raise FATAL error if --subscriber-conninfo specifies non-local server, per
> [3]
>   (not sure it is really needed, so feel free reject the part.)
> * Add check for max_replication_slots and wal_level; as per [4]
> * Add -u and -p options; as per [5]
> * Addressed comment except 5 and 8 in [6] and comment in [7]

My suggestion is that you create separate patches for each change. It helps
with review and alternative proposals. Some of these items conflict with what I
have in my local branch and removing one of them is time consuming. For this
one, I did the job but let's avoid rework.

> 0003 patch contains fix for bug reported in [8].

LGTM. As I said in the other email, I included it.

I'll post a new one soon.

--
Euler Taveira
EDB   https://www.enterprisedb.com/