On Wed, 24 Jan 2024 at 19:03, Michael Paquier <mich...@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 24, 2024 at 06:45:21AM -0500, Dave Cramer wrote:
> > I managed to get it to build the vcvarsall arch needs to be x64. I need
> > add some options, but the patch above needs to be applied to build it.
>
> Nice.  If I may ask, what kind of host and/or configuration have you
> used to reach a state where the code can be compiled and run tests
> with meson?  If you have found specific steps, it may be a good thing
> to document that on the wiki, say around [1].

I am running a mac-mini M2 with parallels running windows pro 11
The only thing required is this patch. Running in a native developer
prompt

meson setup build --prefix=c:\postgres
cd build
ninja
ninja install
ninja test

all run without errors
I also have buildfarm running and will run that today

Dave

> Perhaps you have not included TAP?  It may be fine in terms of runtime
> checks and coverage.

Does TAP have to be explicitly added to the meson build ?

Dave