05.02.2024 13:13, vignesh C wrote:
Thanks for the steps for the issue, I was able to reproduce this issue
in my environment with the steps provided. The attached patch has a
proposed fix where the latch will not be set in case of the apply
worker exiting immediately after starting.

It looks like the proposed fix doesn't help when ApplyLauncherWakeup()
called by a backend executing CREATE SUBSCRIPTION command.
That is, with the v4-0002 patch applied and pg_usleep(300000L); added
just below
            if (!worker_in_use)
                return worker_in_use;
I still observe the test 027_nosuperuser running for 3+ minutes:
t/027_nosuperuser.pl .. ok
All tests successful.
Files=1, Tests=19, 187 wallclock secs ( 0.01 usr  0.00 sys +  4.82 cusr  4.47
csys =  9.30 CPU)

IIUC, it's because a launcher wakeup call, sent by "CREATE SUBSCRIPTION
regression_sub ...", gets missed when launcher waits for start of another
worker (logical replication worker for subscription "admin_sub"), launched
just before that command.

Best regards,
Alexander