On 08.02.24 08:20, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
On Wed, Feb 7, 2024 at 12:47 PM Ashutosh Bapat
<ashutosh.bapat....@gmail.com> wrote:

0001 fixes compression inheritance
0002 fixes storage inheritance

The first patch does not update compression_1.out which makes CI
unhappy. Here's patchset fixing that.

The changed behavior looks good to me. The tests are good, the code changes are pretty straightforward.

Did you by any change check that pg_dump dumps the resulting structures correctly? I notice in tablecmds.c that ALTER COLUMN SET STORAGE recurses but ALTER COLUMN SET COMPRESSION does not. I don't understand why that is, and I wonder whether it affects pg_dump.