On 12.02.24 18:26, Tristan Partin wrote:
On Sun Feb 11, 2024 at 5:09 PM CST, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
Small update: I noticed that on Windows (at least the one that is running the CI job), I need to use git -c core.autocrlf=false, otherwise git archive does line-ending conversion for the files it puts into the archive.  With this fix, all the archives produced by all the CI jobs across the different platforms match, except the .tar.gz archive from the Linux job, which I suspect suffers from an old git version.  We should get the Linux images updated to a newer Debian version soon anyway, so I think that issue will go away.

I think with this change, it is unlikely I will be able to upstream anything to Meson that would benefit Postgres here since setting this option seems project dependent.

Meson is vulnerable to the same problem: If the person who makes the release had some crlf-related git setting activated in their environment, then that would affect the tarball. And such a tarball would be genuinely broken for non-Windows users, because at least some parts of Unix systems can't process such CRLF files correctly.

(This is easy to test: Run meson dist with core.autocrlf=true on the postgresql tree on a non-Windows system. It will fail during dist check.)