On Tuesday, June 26, 2018, Pavel Stehule <pavel.steh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just I don't see this proposal as clean win. More it is not limited only
> this case. It should be consistent with DROP INDEX, SEQUENCE, ...

Yes, they are likely all broken in the same way and whomever agrees with
the "it's bugged" conclusion and is willing and able to write a patch
should check them and possibly add those checks as regression tests.

But without a concrete example of problems I'm not going to be convinced
there is a downside to fixing this bug.  Given it's converting an error
into an equivalent end result without the error I'd support a committer who
wants to backpatch whatever fix is devised.

David J.