> For a partitioned table this value has to be true. For a normal table when
> setting this value to true, it should at least make sure that the table has
> at least one child. Otherwise it should throw an error. Blindly accepting
> the given value may render the statistics unusable. Prologue of the
> function needs to be updated accordingly.

I can see rejecting non-inherited stats for a partitioned table. The
reverse, however, isn't true, because a table may end up being inherited by
another, so those statistics may be legit. Having said that, a great deal
of the data validation I was doing was seen as unnecessary, so I' not sure
where this check would fall on that line. It's a trivial check if we do add
it.