On 5/16/24 16:57, Jacob Champion wrote:
On Thu, May 16, 2024 at 1:31 PM Joe Conway <m...@joeconway.com> wrote:
Maybe we should just make it a policy that *nothing* gets moved forward
from commitfest-to-commitfest and therefore the author needs to care
enough to register for the next one?

I think that's going to severely disadvantage anyone who doesn't do
this as their day job. Maybe I'm bristling a bit too much at the
wording, but not having time to shepherd a patch is not the same as
not caring.

Maybe the word "care" was a poor choice, but forcing authors to think about and decide if they have the "time to shepherd a patch" for the *next CF* is exactly the point. If they don't, why clutter the CF with it.

--
Joe Conway
PostgreSQL Contributors Team