Melanie Plageman <melanieplage...@gmail.com> writes:
> So, anyway, I'd argue that we need a parking lot for patches which we
> all agree are important and have a path forward but need someone to do
> the last 20-80% of the work. To avoid this being a dumping ground,
> patches should _only_ be allowed in the parking lot if they have a
> clear path forward. Patches which haven't gotten any interest don't go
> there. Patches in which the author has clearly not addressed feedback
> that is reasonable for them to address don't go there. These are
> effectively community TODOs which we agree need to be done -- if only
> someone had the time.

Hmm.  I was envisioning "parking lot" as meaning "this is on my
personal TODO list, and I'd like CI support for it, but I'm not
expecting anyone else to pay attention to it yet".  I think what
you are describing is valuable but different.  Maybe call it
"pending" or such?  Or invent a different name for the other thing.

                        regards, tom lane