On 5/17/24 11:58, Robert Haas wrote:
I realize that many people here are (rightly!) concerned with
burdening patch authors with more steps that they have to follow. But
the current system is serving new patch authors very poorly. If they
get attention, it's much more likely to be because somebody saw their
email and wrote back than it is to be because somebody went through
the CommitFest and found their entry and was like "oh, I should review
this". Honestly, if we get to a situation where a patch author is sad
because they have to click a link every 2 months to say "yeah, I'm
still here, please review my patch," we've already lost the game. That
person isn't sad because we asked them to click a link. They're sad
it's already been N * 2 months and nothing has happened.

+many

--
Joe Conway
PostgreSQL Contributors Team