> On 20 May 2024, at 07:49, Thomas Munro <thomas.mu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We're actually
> halfway to Gitlab et al already, with a web account and interaction
> required to start the process of submitting a patch for consideration.

Another Web<->Mailinglist extreme is Git themselves who have a Github bridge
for integration with their usual patch-on-mailinglist workflow.

https://github.com/gitgitgadget/gitgitgadget

> What I'm less clear on is who else has come up with the "bitrot" test
> idea, either at the mailing list or web extremist ends of the scale.

Most web based platforms like Github register the patch against the tree at the
time of submitting, and won't refresh unless the user does so.  Github does
detect bitrot and show a "this cannot be merged" error message, but it doesn't
alter any state on the PR etc.

--
Daniel Gustafsson