On 5/24/24 15:45, Tom Lane wrote:
I was *not* proposing doing a regular review, unless of course
somebody really wants to do that.  What I am thinking about is
suggesting how to make progress on patches that are stuck, or in some
cases delivering the bad news that this patch seems unlikely to ever
get accepted and it's time to cut our losses.  (Patches that seem to
be moving along in good order probably don't need any attention in
this process, beyond determining that that's the case.)  That's why
I think we need some senior people doing this, as their opinions are
more likely to be taken seriously.

Maybe do a FOSDEM-style dev meeting with triage review at PG.EU would at least move us forward? Granted it is less early and perhaps less often than the thread seems to indicate, but has been tossed around before and seems doable.

--
Joe Conway
PostgreSQL Contributors Team