Hi PostgreSQL hackers,

For most access methods in PostgreSQL, the implementation of the access method
itself and the implementation of its WAL replay logic are organized in separate
source files.  However, the HEAP access method is an exception.  Both the
access method and the WAL replay logic are collocated in the same heapam.c.  To
follow the pattern established by other access methods and to improve
maintainability, I made the enclosed patch to separate HEAP’s replay logic into
its own file.  The changes are straightforward.  Move the replay related
functions into the new heapam_xlog.c file, push the common
heap_execute_freeze_tuple() helper function into the heapam.h header, and
adjust the build files.

I hope people find this straightforward refactoring helpful.

Yong