On Fri, Jun 28, 2024 at 05:36:25PM -0400, Melanie Plageman wrote:
> I've attached a WIP v11 streaming vacuum patch set here that is
> rebased over master (by Thomas), so that I could add a CF entry for
> it. It still has the problem with the extra WAL write and fsync calls
> investigated by Thomas above. Thomas has some work in progress doing
> streaming write-behind to alleviate the issues with the buffer access
> strategy and streaming reads. When he gets a version of that ready to
> share, he will start a new "Streaming Vacuum" thread.

To avoid reviewing the wrong patch, I'm writing to verify the status here.
This is Needs Review in the commitfest.  I think one of these two holds:

1. Needs Review is valid.
2. It's actually Waiting on Author.  You're commissioning a review of the
   future-thread patch, not this one.

If it's (1), given the WIP marking, what is the scope of the review you seek?
I'm guessing performance is out of scope; what else is in or out of scope?