On 07.05.24 11:36, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
Yeah, that depends on how much version you expect your application to
work on.  Still it seems to me that there's value in mentioning that
if your application does not care about anything older than OpenSSL
1.1.0, like PG 18 assuming that this patch is merged, then these calls
are pointless for HEAD.  The routine definitions would be around only
for the .so compatibility.

Fair enough.  I've taken a stab at documenting that the functions are
deprecated, while at the same time documenting when and how they can be used
(and be useful).  The attached also removes one additional comment in the
testcode which is now obsolete (since removing 1.0.1 support really), and fixes
the spurious whitespace you detected upthread.

The 0001 patch removes the functions pgtls_init_library() and pgtls_init() but keeps the declarations in libpq-int.h. This should be fixed.