On 07.08.24 22:42, Jelte Fennema-Nio wrote:
I also added a .gitattributes rule for .py files, and changed the
default tab_width to unset. Because I realized the resulting
.editorconfig was using tab_width 8 for python files when editing
src/tools/generate_editorconfig.py

This looks kind of weird:

-*.sgml         whitespace=space-before-tab,trailing-space,tab-in-indent
-*.x[ms]l       whitespace=space-before-tab,trailing-space,tab-in-indent
+*.py
whitespace=space-before-tab,trailing-space,tab-in-indent,tabwidth=4
+*.sgml
whitespace=space-before-tab,trailing-space,tab-in-indent,tabwidth=1
+*.xml
whitespace=space-before-tab,trailing-space,tab-in-indent,tabwidth=1
+*.xsl
whitespace=space-before-tab,trailing-space,tab-in-indent,tabwidth=2

Why add tabwidth settings to files that are not supposed to contain tabs?