On 9/10/24 10:54 AM, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
On 22 Jul 2024, at 23:25, Andreas Karlsson <andr...@proxel.se> wrote:

I have bench marked the two patches now and failed to measure any speedup or
slowdown from the first patch (removing return) but I think it is a good idea
anyway.

For the second patch (optimize strict) I managed to measure a ~1% speed up for the
following query "SELECT sum(x + y + 1) FROM t;" over one million rows.

That's expected, this is mostly about refactoring the code to simplifying the
JITed code (and making tiny strides towards JIT expression caching).

Yup! Expected and nice tiny speedup.

I would say both patches are ready for committer modulo my proposed style fixes.

I am a bit wary about removing the out_error label and goto since it may open
up for reports from static analyzers about control reaching the end of a
non-void function without a return. The other change has been incorporated.

The attached v3 is a rebase to handle executor changes done since v2, with the
above mentioned fix as well.  If there are no objections I think we should
apply this version.

Sounds good to me and in my opinion this is ready to be committed.

Andreas