Hello Peter,

I'm not sure what is the suggestion wrt to the documentation text. Is the
issue only with the first introductory sentence? Would removing it be
enough?

Yes.  But it would be even better to fix pg_dump.

Sure. The purpose of Lætitia patch is simply to document the consequences if the current behavior. Fixing pg_dump is another issue:-)

I guess that this would involve postponing all non trivial CHECK declarations to after all table and function creations. While waiting for such a significant change, ISTM that documenting the issue is a reasonable option.

--
Fabien.