Hi,

that will be a great feature.

On 23.07.2018 10:53, Michael Paquier wrote:
I have comments about your patch.  First, I don't think that you need to
count precisely the number of wait events triggered as usually when it
comes to analyzing a workload's bottleneck what counts is a periodic
*sampling* of events

If I get it right, this patch is not about sampling. It gathers cumulative statistics, which is regrettably missing in PostgreSQL. That's why it should not only count exact number of wait events, but also min time and stddev would be helpful (as in pg_stat_statements).

--
Egor Rogov
Postgres Professional http://www.postgrespro.com