On 20/06/2018 21:42, Tomas Vondra wrote:
So I think we should fix and serialize/restore the OID array, just like
we do for tuples, snapshots etc. See the attached fix.

Yes please.

OK, will do.

Another thing we should probably reconsider is where the relids is
allocated - the pointer remains valid because we happen to allocate it
in TopMemoryContext. It's not that bad because we don't free the other
reorderbuffer contexts until the walsender exits anyway, but still.

So I propose to allocate it in rb->context just like the other bits of
data (snapshots, ...). Replacing the palloc() in DecodeTruncate() with
something like:

     MemoryContextAlloc(ctx->reorder->context,
                        xlrec->nrelids * sizeof(Oid));

should do the trick.

It's not clear from the code comments which context would be the
appropriate one.

More standard coding style would be to set the current memory context
somewhere, but I suppose the reorderbuffer.c code isn't written that way.

IMHO the cleanest way is to add a method like ReorderBufferGetChange, which does the allocation internally. That way the memory context choice is up to reorderbuffer, not decode.c. That's at least consistent with what the rest of decode.c does.

regards