Lars Kanis <l...@greiz-reinsdorf.de> writes:
> The current documentation is inconsistent about the JOHAB character encoding
> on server side. While the first table says that it is not possible to use
> JOHAB on server side, it is still listed in table 23.2 as a server character
> set:
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/multibyte.html#MULTIBYTE-CHARSET-SUPPORTED

Hm, yeah.  Probably this is because JOHAB was first installed as being
a server-allowed encoding, and it was only later we realized that wasn't
OK.  This table must've been missed while changing it.

Cross-checking the other entries, I notice SHIFT_JIS_2004 is also not
listed in that table ... we've been a little sloppy there.

Thanks for noticing!

                        regards, tom lane