From: Michael Paquier [mailto:mich...@paquier.xyz]
> Thanks for the new version.  Per my comments up-thread here, you cannot
> actually use PGC_BACKEND:
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20180919061303.GB19808@paquier.x
> yz
>
> This would break the case where this parameter is reloaded when a session
> does not use a custom value for wal_sender_timeout.  I have also looked
> at all the code paths using wal_sender_timeout, and the change looks safe
> to me.  Please find attached an update, simplified, version.
> Does that look fine to you?

Thank you, PGC_USERSET is off course fine to me.  I thought PGC_BACKEND
includes the capability of PGC_SIGHUP, because PGC_BACKEND is placed after
PGC_SIGHUP in the definition of enum GucContext.  That was a pitfall.  I should
have paid more attention.

I find it more user friendly to include a description somewhere that the user
can tune the timeout per standby, like I added a tip in the description of
wal_sender_timeout.  I'm afraid users won't know whether and how to tune the
setting per standby, as libpq's options parameter doesn't seem well-known in my
experience.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa