Hello Narayanan,

There is a possible catch:

Function RestoreArchive is called both from pg_dump & pg_restore, so now
the sanity check is not performed for the former (which does not have the
-1 option, though). Moreover, the function is noted "Public", which may
suggest that external tools could take advantage of it, and if so it
suggests that maybe it is not wise to remove the test. Any opinion around?

[...]

Wouldn't ropt->single_txn be undefined when called from pg_dump ?

Yes, probably.

Unless I missed something here, I think it is logical to just move the relevant code to pg_restore main.

My point is that given the "Public" comment and that some care is taken to put everything in a special struct, I was wondering whether external tools may use this function, in which case the check would be left out.

--
Fabien.