On 12/12/18 4:44 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
On 2018-12-12 11:32:55 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:

+1 on all that.  Per the trend of this thread, I see a bunch of
committers and contributors commenting about *not* removing this code,
so sending a patch to actually remove it looks like a throw into an
abysmal void.

I don't think it's as clear as you make it out to be:

In favor:
- David Steele
- Andres Freund
- Stephen Frost, I think
Against:
- Simon Riggs
- Robert Haas
- Michael Paquier
- Andreas Karlsson
- Peter Eisentraut, I think

While that's clearly lopsided, I still think it's pretty darn absurd to
call such a situation "a throw into an abysmal void".

The way I read the discussion, there is no consensus for getting this into PG12, but there does seem to be one for PG13.

I'll push this to the first post-PG12 CF when one appears. Can we just go ahead and create a 2019-07 CF now? I know we generally discuss this at PGCon, but we can always rename it, right?

--
-David
da...@pgmasters.net