On Tue, 29 Jan 2019 at 19:42, Amit Langote
<langote_amit...@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> However, I tried the example as you described and the plan *doesn't*
> change due to concurrent update of reloptions with master (without the
> patch) either.

Well, I didn't think to try that.  I just assumed had broken it.
Could well be related to lowering the lock levels on setting these
reloptions.  Once upon a time, they required an AEL but that was
changed in e5550d5fec6. So previous to that commit you'd have been
blocked from making the concurrent change while the other session was
in a transaction.