On 2/22/19 6:32 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
* Magnus Hagander (mag...@hagander.net) wrote:
On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 6:13 AM David Steele <da...@pgmasters.net> wrote:
On 2/16/19 5:57 AM, Andres Freund wrote:

I don't agree with a general 5 year deprecation window either. But it
seems pretty clear that there's no majority for removing exclusive
backups in v12.   I think it'd be good to make the warning about its
impending death more explicit, but otherwise mark this CF entry either
as rejected or returned with feedback.

I think there is support for the patch in PG13 so I was planning to move
it out of the March CF to the first PG13 CF as soon as the app will
allow it, i.e., once there is only a single open CF.

Agreed, and I think we should also update the documentation for 12 with the
suggested more explicit mention of the deprecation.

+1.

I'm working on this for the March CF. Ideally we would back-patch it to 9.6.

--
-David
da...@pgmasters.net