So some PostGIS people were griping (on irc) about how the lack of
CREATE OR REPLACE AGGREGATE made their life difficult for updates. It
struck me that aggregates have acquired a relatively large number of new
attributes in recent years, almost all of which are applicable at
execution time rather than in parse analysis, so having a CREATE OR
REPLACE option seems like a no-brainer.

I took a bash at actually writing it and didn't see any obvious problems
(I'll post the patch in a bit). Is there some reason (other than
shortage of round tuits) why this might not be a good idea, or why it
hasn't been done before?

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)