Hi, Michael!

> 19 марта 2019 г., в 14:53, pantilimonov misha <pantli...@yandex.ru>
> написал(а):
>
> 2) Changing buffer manager strategy.
>    Somewhere in 2016 Andres Freund made a presention[6] of possible
> improvements
>    that can be done in buffer manager. I find the idea of changing hashtable
>    trees of radix trees[7] promising. Most likely, taking into account
> program's
>    time constraints, this task won't be done as "ready to deploy" solution.
>   Instead, some kind of prototype can be implemented and benchmarked.

I like the idea of more efficient BufferTag->Page data structure. I'm not sure
cache locality is a real problem there, but I believe this idea deserves giving
it a shot.
I'd happily review your proposal and co-mentor project, if it will be chosen
for GSoC.

Also, plz check some work of my students in related area [0].

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

[0]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/89A121E3-B593-4D65-98D9-BBC210B87268%40yandex-team.ru