> On 2019–07–05, at 12:14, Corey Huinker <corey.huin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> In doing that work, it became clear that the command was serving two masters:
> 1. A desire to see the underlying nuts and bolts of a given database object.
> 2. A desire to essentially make the schema portion of pg_dump a server side
> command.
>
> To that end, I see splitting this into two commands, SHOW CREATE and SHOW
> DUMP.

I like the idea of having these features available via SQL as opposed to
separate tools. Is it necessary to have specific commands for them? It seems
they would potentially more useful as functions, where they'd be available for
all of the programmatic features of the rest of SQL.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net