On 9/10/19 9:36 PM, Tsunakawa, Takayuki wrote:
From: Tom Lane [mailto:t...@sss.pgh.pa.us]
SIGTERM, which needs to be adjusted.  For another, its
SIGQUIT handler does exit(1) not _exit(2), which seems rather
dubious ... should we make it more like the rest?  I think
the reasoning there might've been that if some DBA decides to
SIGQUIT the archiver, we don't need to force a database-wide
reset; but why exactly should we tolerate that?

Can't we use SIGKILL instead of SIGINT/SIGTERM to stop the grandchildren, just
in case they are slow to respond to or ignore SIGINT/SIGTERM?  That matches the
idea of pg_ctl's immediate shutdown.

-1, at least not immediately. Archivers can be complex processes and they should be given the chance to do a graceful shutdown.

-David
da...@pgmasters.net