On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 5:29 PM Asim R P <aprav...@pivotal.io> wrote:

> In order to fix the test failures, we need to distinguish between a
missing database directory and a missing tablespace directory.  And also
add logic to forget missing directories during tablespace drop.  I am
working on it.

Please find attached a solution that builds on what Paul has propose.  A
hash table, similar to the invalid page hash table is used to track missing
directory references.  A missing directory may be a tablespace or a
database, based on whether the tablespace is found missing or the source
database is found missing.  The crash recovery succeeds if the hash table
is empty at the end.

Asim