On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 11:51 AM Fabien COELHO <coe...@cri.ensmp.fr> wrote:

> Hello Amit,
>
> > 1. ran pgindent
> > 2. As per Alvaro's suggestions move few function definitions.
> > 3. Changed one or two comments and fixed spelling at one place.
>
> Thanks for the improvements.
>
> Not sure why you put "XXX - " in front of "append_fillfactor" comment,
> though.

It is to indicate that we can do this after further consideration.

> > + fprintf(stderr,
> > + "no pgbench_accounts table found in search_path\n"
> > + "Perhaps you need to do initialization (\"pgbench -i\") in database
> > \"%s\"\n", PQdb(con));
>
> > Can anyone else think of a better error message either in wording or
> > style for above case?
>
> No better idea from me. The second part is a duplicate from a earlier
> comment, when getting the scale fails.

Yeah, I know that, but this doesn't look quite right.  I mean to say
whatever we want to say via this message is correct, but I am not
completely happy with the display part.  How about something like:
"pgbench_accounts is missing, you need to do initialization (\"pgbench
-i\") in database \"%s\"\n"?  Feel free to propose something else on
similar lines?  If possible, I want to convey this information in a single
sentence.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.