On 2020-01-03 11:04, Amit Kapila wrote:
On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 3:24 PM Peter Eisentraut
<peter.eisentr...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

The documentation and pgbench --help output that accompanied this patch
claims that the argument to pgbench --partition-method is optional and
defaults to "range", but that is not actually the case, as the
implementation requires an argument.  Could you please sort this out?

AFAICS, if the user omits this argument, then the default is range as
specified in docs.  I tried by using something like 'pgbench.exe -i -s
1 --partitions=2 postgres' and then run 'pgbench -S postgres'.

Ah, the way I interpreted this is that the argument to --partition-method itself is optional.