make installcheck-world:  not tested
Implements feature:       not tested
Spec compliant:           not tested
Documentation:            not tested

This is a high level review only. However, seeing that there is a conflict and
does not merge cleanly after commit <b925a00f4ef>, I return to Author.

To be fair the resolution seems quite straight forward and I took the liberty
of applying the necessary changes to include the new element of ExplainState
introduced in the above commit, namely hide_workers. However since the author
might have a different idea on how to incorporate this change I leave it up to
him.

Another very high level comment is the introduction of a new test file, namely
explain. Seeing `explain.sql` in the tests suits, personally and very opinion
based, I would have expected the whole spectrum of the explain properties to be
tested. However only a slight fraction of the functionality is tested. Since
this is a bit more of a personal opinion, I don't expect any changes unless the
author happens to agree.

Other than these minor nitpick, the code seems clear, concise and does what it
says on the box. It follows the comments in the discussion thread(s) and solves
a real issue.

Please have a look on how commit <b925a00f4ef> affects this patch and rebase.

The new status of this patch is: Waiting on Author