On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 03:15:41PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
Tomas Vondra <tomas.von...@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
I think the one possible argument against this approach might be that it
adds a field to the struct, so if you have an extension using a Slab
context, it'll break if you don't rebuild it. But that only matters if
we want to backpatch it (which I think is not the plan) and with memory
context checking enabled (which does not apply to regular packages).

Huh?  That struct is private in slab.c, no?  Any outside code relying
on its contents deserves to break.

Ah, right. Silly me.

I do think we ought to back-patch this, given the horrible results
Andres showed.

OK.