On 24/01/2020 10:06, Takashi Menjo wrote:
I propose "non-volatile WAL buffer," a proof-of-concept new feature.  It
enables WAL records to be durable without output to WAL segment files by
residing on persistent memory (PMEM) instead of DRAM.  It improves database
performance by reducing copies of WAL and shortening the time of write
transactions.

I attach the first patchset that can be applied to PostgreSQL 12.0 (refs/
tags/REL_12_0).  Please see README.nvwal (added by the patch 0003) to use
the new feature.

I have the same comments on this that I had on the previous patch, see:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/2aec6e2a-6a32-0c39-e4e2-aad854543aa8%40iki.fi

- Heikki