Hello Tomas,

This patch was marked as ready for committer, but clearly there's an
ongoin discussion about what should be the default behavoir, if this
breaks existing apps etc. So I've marked it as "needs review" and moved
it to the next CF.

The issue is that root (aka Tom) seems to be against the feature, and would like the keep it as current. Although my opinion is that the previous behavior is close to insane, I'm ready to resurect the guc to control the behavior so that it would be possible, or even the default.

Right now I'm waiting for a "I will not veto it on principle" from Tom (I'm okay with a reject based on bad implementation) before spending more time on it: Although my time is given for free, it is not a good reason to send it down the drain if there is a reject coming whatever I do.

Tom, would you consider the feature acceptable with a guc to control it?

--
Fabien.