On 2020-Feb-14, John Naylor wrote:

> One possible objection to what I wrote above is that it adds a
> different kind of special case, but in a sneaky way. Perhaps it would
> be more principled to treat it the same as oid after all. If we do
> that, it would help to add a comment that we can't treat relnatts like
> pronangs, since we need more information than what's in each pg_class
> row.

How about something like this? (untested)

                # oids are a special case; ignore
                next if $attname eq 'oid';
                # pg_class.relnatts is computed from pg_attribute rows; ignore
                next if $catname eq 'pg_class' and $attname eq 'relnatts';

                # Raise error unless a value exists.
                die "strip_default_values: $catname.$attname undefined\n"
                  if !defined $row->{$attname};