On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 at 15:04, Andres Freund <and...@anarazel.de> wrote:

> On 2020-03-13 14:08:12 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> > The alternative would be to detect a missing clang and emit a much more
> > informative error than the current one that explicitly suggests retrying
> > with
> >
> >     make with_llvm=no
> >
> > or setting with_llvm=no in the environment.
>
> That, that, that's what I suggested upthread?

Yes, and I still don't like it. "with_llvm" is the actual already-working
option. I'd rather make this not randomly explode for users, but failing
that we can just hack the Makefile in the rpms for EL-7 (where it's a
particular mess) and rely on an error message for other cases.

 2ndQuadrant - PostgreSQL Solutions for the Enterprise