On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 6:23 PM Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 7:55 AM Kashif Zeeshan
> <kashif.zees...@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> > Thanks alot Robert,
> > In this case the backup folder was not being emptied as the backup was
> failed, the cleanup should be done in this case too.
>
> Does it fail to clean up the backup folder in all cases where the
> backup failed, or just in this case?

The cleanup is done in the cases I have seen so far with base pg_basebackup
functionality (not including the parallel backup feature) with the message
"pg_basebackup: removing contents of data directory"
A similar case was also fixed for parallel backup reported by Rajkumar
where the contents of the backup folder were not cleaned up after the error.

--
Regards

EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Enterprise Postgres Company