Hello Justin,

About v15, seen as one patch.

Patches serie applies cleanly, compiles, "make check" ok.

Documentation:
 - indent documentation text around 80 cols, as done around?
 - indent SQL example for readability and capitalize keywords
   (pg_ls_dir_metadata)
 - "For each file in a directory, list the file and its metadata."
   maybe: "List files and their metadata in a directory"?

Code:
 - Most pg_ls_*dir* functions call pg_ls_dir_files(), which looks like
   reasonable refactoring, ISTM that the code is actually smaller.
 - please follow pg style, eg not "} else {"
 - there is a "XXX" (meaning fixme?) tag remaining in a comment.
 - file types: why not do block & character devices, fifo and socket
   as well, before the unkown case?
 - I'm wondering whether could pg_stat_file call pg_ls_dir_files without
   too much effort? ISTM that the output structure nearly the same. I do
   not like much having one function specialized for files and one for
   directories.

Tests:
 - good, there are some!
 - indent SQL code, eg by starting a new line on new clauses?
 - put comments on separate lines (I'm not against it on principle, I do
   that, but I do not think that it is done much in test files).

--
Fabien.