On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 9:13 AM Tatsuo Ishii <is...@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Attached is the latest patch (v15) to add support for Incremental
> Materialized
> >> View Maintenance (IVM). It is possible to apply to current latest
> master branch.
>
> I have tried to use IVM against TPC-DS (http://www.tpc.org/tpcds/)
> queries.  TPC-DS models decision support systems and those queries are
> modestly complex. So I thought applying IVM to those queries could
> show how IVM covers real world queries.
>
> +1,  This is a smart idea.   How did you test it?  AFAIK, we can test it
with:

1.  For any query like SELECT xxx,  we create view like CREATE MATERIAL VIEW
mv_name as SELECT xxx;  to test if the features in the query are supported.
2.  Update the data and then compare the result with SELECT XXX with SELECT
* from  mv_name to test if the data is correctly sync.

Best Regards
Andy Fan