On 2020/06/29 12:01, torikoshia wrote:
On 2020-06-20 03:11, Robert Haas wrote:
On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 11:56 PM Fujii Masao
<masao.fu...@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:
> As a first step, to deal with (3) I'd like to add
> pg_stat_get_backend_memory_context() which target is limited to the
> local backend process.

+1

+1 from me, too.

Attached a patch that adds a function exposing memory usage of local
backend.

Thanks for the patch!
Could you add this patch to Commitfest 2020-07?

It's almost same as pg_cheat_funcs's pg_stat_get_memory_context().

This patch provides only the function, but isn't it convenient to
provide the view like pg_shmem_allocations?

I've also added MemoryContexts identifier because it seems useful to
distinguish the same kind of memory contexts.

Sounds good. But isn't it better to document each column?
Otherwise, users cannot undersntad what "ident" column indicates.

Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center
Research and Development Headquarters
NTT DATA CORPORATION