On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 at 14:54, Asim Praveen <pa...@vmware.com> wrote:

> I would like to revive this thready by submitting a rebased patch to start
> streaming replication without waiting for startup process to finish replaying
> all WAL.  The start LSN for streaming is determined to be the LSN that points
> to the beginning of the most recently flushed WAL segment.
>
> The patch passes tests under src/test/recovery and top level “make check”.

The patch can be applied cleanly to the current HEAD but I got the
error on building the code with this patch:

xlog.c: In function 'StartupXLOG':
xlog.c:7315:6: error: too few arguments to function 'RequestXLogStreaming'
 7315 |      RequestXLogStreaming(ThisTimeLineID,
In file included from xlog.c:59:
../../../../src/include/replication/walreceiver.h:463:13: note: declared here
  463 | extern void RequestXLogStreaming(TimeLineID tli, XLogRecPtr recptr,

cfbot also complaints this.

Could you please update the patch?

Masahiko Sawada            http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/