On 2020-08-02 23:18, Tom Lane wrote:
Thomas Gilligan <thomas.gilli...@icloud.com> writes:
Under the next version of macOS (11.0 unreleased beta 3), configuring Postgres
9.5 and 9.6 fails with

checking test program... ok
checking whether long int is 64 bits... no
checking whether long long int is 64 bits... no
configure: error: Cannot find a working 64-bit integer type.

Hm, could we see the config.log output for this?  I'm not 100% convinced
that you've diagnosed the problem accurately, because it'd imply that
Apple made some fundamentally incompatible changes in libc, which
seems like stirring up trouble for nothing.

It looks like the new compiler errors out on calling undeclared functions. Might be good to see config.log to confirm this.