On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 at 08:43, Stephen Frost <sfr...@snowman.net> wrote:

> This would simply REVOKE that role from the user.  Privileges
> independently GRANT'd directly to the user wouldn't be affected.  Nor
> would other role membership.
>
> > What privileges would the user be left with? Would it be possible to end
> up in the same privilege only with a GRANT command?

What about:

REVOKE SELECT ON [table] FROM pg_read_all_data;

I guess what I’m really asking is whether pg_read_all_data is automatically
granted SELECT on all newly-created relations, or if the permission
checking system always returns TRUE when asked if pg_read_all_data can
select from a relation? I’m guessing it’s the latter so that it would be
ineffective to revoke select privilege as I think this is more useful, but
I’d like to be sure and the documentation should be explicit on this point.