Hi

po 7. 9. 2020 v 14:14 odesílatel Surafel Temesgen <surafel3...@gmail.com>
napsal:

> Hi Pavel
>
> On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 6:22 AM Pavel Stehule <pavel.steh...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Here is updated patch for pg_dump
>>

> pg_dumpall also has –exclude-database=pattern and –no-comments option
> doesn't that qualify it to benefits from this feature? And please add a
> test case for this option

This patch is related to pg_dump (in this moment), so pg_dumpall options
are out of scope.

I am not sure if pg_dumpall needs this functionality - maybe, but I can use
bash or some similar for implementation of this feature. There is no
requirement to do it all necessary work under one transaction, one snapshot.

For pg_dump can be used different format, because it uses different
granularity.  Some like "{+/-} dbname"

"--no-comments" is a global parameter without arguments. I don't understand
how this parameter can be related to this feature?

I am working on regress tests.

Regards

Pavel