Hello hackers,

We know that pg_waldump can statistics size for every kind of records. When I
use
the feature I find it misses some size for XLOG_SWITCH records. When a user does
a pg_wal_switch(), then postgres will discard the remaining size in the current
wal
segment, and the pg_waldump tool misses the discard size.

I think it will be better if pg_waldump  can show the matter, so I make a patch
which regards the discard size as a part of XLOG_SWITCH record, it works if we
want to display the detail of wal records or the statistics, and patch attached.

What's your opinion?

Regards,
Highgo Software (Canada/China/Pakistan)
EMAIL: mailto:movead(dot)li(at)highgo(dot)ca